Classes are offered for children beginning at age 3, up to adults of all ages. Whether you or your child is interested in pre-professional training for a future career in dancing or wish to dance simply for the enjoyment and physical benefits, we have the professional staff to teach and train you. We offer classes in ballet, contemporary, jazz, modern, and tap. Classes are held during evenings and Saturdays.
Fall classes start August 17, 2020. Students may enroll at anytime during the semester.
Click here for the:
Call or email to sign up. Complete your registration over the phone or in person at the studio. If you have questions or want a class that is not listed, also please contact us at 309-690-7990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Peoria Ballet is certified under the Restore Illinois standards. Please read below for important safety information. It is imperative that all students and their families follow our safety guidelines and protocols. Parents should carefully read and review these procedures with their children before starting classes.
The COVID-19 Screening and Waiver Consent Forms are to be completed and turned in upon the student’s first class to the studio. Before each class at the studio, parents must be certain their child passes the screening. If not, the student must be kept at home. The COVID-19 Screening Form does not need to be completed before each class.
Procedures at the studio
• Students may arrive up to 10 minutes prior to class, and must be picked up promptly at the end of class. We do not want a group of students waiting in the lobby after class.
• Drop your child off at the front door and wait in your car (or outside the door for younger children) while we conduct the temperature check and screening.
• Students must wear a mask in the building at ALL times except while in the studio and maintaining a 6 foot distance from other students, faculty, and staff.
• Once in the building, students will use hand sanitizer in the lobby and proceed directly to the studio. Their belongings (dance bag, water bottle, street clothes) will stay in the studio in a designated spot.
• Locker rooms and the drinking fountain are closed. Students should bring their own water bottle. The refrigerator is not available for student/parent use.
• In the studio, space at the barre and in the center will be designated with blue tape. Students must maintain the distance marked by the tape.
• Students needing to use the bathroom must wear a mask (when outside the studio) and wash hands thoroughly with soap & water before returning to the studio.
• Students will use hand sanitizer before leaving the studio after class.
At this time, parents and siblings are only permitted inside the studio to accompany young students or new students to class. Parents of young children may come inside the lobby to meet students after class. Otherwise, parents should wait outside the building for their child. For everyone’s safety, please help us limit the number of people inside the building! Also, we ask that everyone exercise extreme caution and reduce speed while in the parking lot.
Peoria Ballet will continue to update safety procedures as new directives become available from relevant authorities including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Illinois. Peoria Ballet is committed to cleaning and disinfecting the studios, bathrooms, and lobby in compliance with CDC protocols. If you have any questions please email or call the studio during office hours.