JOB OPENING JUNE 2018
The Artistic Director is responsible for conceiving, developing, and implementing the artistic vision and focus of the Peoria Ballet. The Artistic Director ensures the highest level of excellence in all programs and performances, within the parameters of established financial plans. The Artistic Director supports the mission and vision of the Ballet. The mission is to provide “art that moves” through high-quality dance instruction and stimulating performances. Peoria Ballet’s vision is to become a premier dance academy and company that is nationally recognized by presenting diverse performances while remaining financially viable.
GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for the choreography, rehearsals, and the presentation of at least two full length productions annually.
- Presents lecture demonstrations, small scale presentations, or community shows annually.
- Responsible for the dance academy, including hiring, supervising, and developing the teaching staff, creating and implementing the curriculum and class schedules, determining teaching assignments, and teaching classes himself (herself).
- Directs the preparation and performance of the annual Academy Showcase.
- Participates in promoting Peoria Ballet through activities such as: interviews with the media, speaking to various community organizations, and interacting with donors.
- Respected reputation in the dance profession.
- Enjoys teaching at multiple levels of ability and interest.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Exceptional organizational, marketing, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure.
- Team player and team builder.
- Extensive ballet training and performance history including choreographic training and teaching experience.
For more detailed job description or questions, contact Wendy Thomasson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-690-7990. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Ms. Thomasson at email@example.com
JOB OPENING FEBRUARY 2018
Peoria Ballet is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. The hours are 30-32 hours per week, and include evenings and Saturday mornings. The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of clerical, administrative, and other support tasks related to the successful operation of the organization, including the ballet school. Since the position involves working with students and parents; a personable, friendly, and supportive attitude is essential.
- Greet customers, answer customer questions, and resolve customer issues
- Create weekly newsletter
- Create customer invoices, receive payments, and enter deposits
- Create forms and spreadsheets
- Track donors and create donation acknowledgement letters
- Manage ticket sales for performances
- Assist as needed at performances
- Maintain student files
- Order and manage office supplies
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent customer service skills
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Wendy Thomasson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org